Our F/A-18 Hornet cutaway is depicted in full color on these handsome 11 ounce Coffee Mugs.
The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F/A-18 Hornet is an all-weather carrier-capable strike fighter jet, designed to attack both ground and aerial targets. The Hornet had the first all glass cockpit and the first to have more than 40% composite surfaces. The two engines are completely interchangable and have no left or right sides. Overall, the Hornet was twice as reliable and required half the maintance of the palnes that it replaced.
Used by the Blue Angels since 1986.
The cutaway view features details of the following aircraft systems.
- General Electric F404-GE-402 engine
- Fuselage and vertical stabilizer fuel tanks
- Hydraulic controls for rudder and horizontal stabilizer
- Interior details of cockpit
- Raytheon AN/APG-73 Radar
- Wing cross section with mechanics for slats and ailerons
- Deployed landing gear and air refueling probe
- General Electric M61 Vulcan 20 MM gun
We also will depict any squadron and serial number for no extra charge.
Our mugs are made with the latest state of the art printing methods. Unlike many mugs available, the ink is extremely bright, color accurate and stable. These beautiful mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe.